Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fire!

Jason had cooked sausage sandwiches and cleared up the kitchen. When I entered the room I could smell what was like jos sticks, Ryan said that they had added spices to their sausages and that is what I could smell. Anyway I went into the kitchen later I could still smell it, plus the room was a tad bit smoky. So I started hunting around the kitchen looking for where this smell/smoke could be coming from, it seemed to come from the washing machine (Great, that is all I need, a burnt out washing machine - with piles of washing waiting to be done!) I turned it off and pulled it out, yeap definitely, the smell was stronger there! But it wasn't the machine - it was coming from next door! So not to risk anything we rang the fire brigade, they were brill. There wasn't a fire thankfully, next door have an open fire the smoke is leaking through somewhere, so that will need to be sorted out somehow, anyway, they fitted us up with new smoke detectors and Lewis got to sit in the fire truck.

Took Jason to the orthodontist yesterday, his teeth aren't bad enough to be funded by the NHS. After we went to Victoria Park so the boys could go to the skate park, so 'twas another busy day.

We are going to have an Indian takeaway and we have got a DVD 'Hostel'(hubbies choice!)

So Ciao for now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh you scared me half to death with that title you naughty lady! Glad you didn't have a fire though! :o)
I've worked out why I can't post comments with my logged on account. It is because I upgraded to Blogger Beta or something?! You need to upgrade too before people with Blogger Beta can comment I think!

Nat said...

I hope you had a camera handy missy - a truck load of hunky firemen is a photographic opportunity not to be missed!!!!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Oooooh firemen!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were there firemen Gaye?!!?!?! I really love firemen, Dai gets really annoyed when I wave at them lol!